Microsoft outlook: how to add multiple e-mail accounts
Microsoft Outlook is used for emails and also the personal management of information, and is generally part of the Office suite of applications. Whilst Outlook is mostly used for storing, receiving and sending emails, it is called a personal information management tool because it also includes calendar, tasks, contacts, and notes as well as a journal. Larger organisations, Outlook is used on a server, for example, an exchange server so that the software can enable multiple users.
Some users have multiple e-mail accounts, Outlook makes it possible to access all of your Microsoft Outlook accounts without having to log on separately to each account. This is a way you can add your accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- To add another mailbox, launch Microsoft Outlook 2016 then click the File tab > click Info tab > Account Settings.
- In Account Settings, select your current Mailbox and click Change.
- On the next screen select More Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab and click the Add button.
- Type in the name of the mailbox then Click OK.
- Once the name of your mailbox is created, click Add and Apply.
- Finish out the wizard by clicking Next, and then Finish on the Change Account screen.
- Close out of the Account Settings screen, and then select your new mailbox in the mail pane to populate it with your messages.
If you are unable to add a mailbox, these could be some reasons:
- The administrator might not have permitted access. If so, contact them for further instructions and assistance.
- You entered an incorrect name in the mailbox; again, contact your administrator.