Whatsapp launches an App for businesses
The World’s biggest social media with over 200 million voice messages sent every day, 34 billion number of messages received on it, WhatsApp has launched its Business app built with the small business owner in mind.
This will be a great opportunity for all business small players to interact to interact with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort, and quickly respond to messages.
“People can continue using WhatsApp, as usual, there’s no need to download anything new. And people will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam,” the company said in a blog post.
WhatsApp Business enables users to contact business on WhatsApp, communicate more efficiently with their customers, and help grow their business.
If a person has a separate business and personal phone numbers, he can have both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger installed on the same phone, and register them with different numbers.
The App will also come with new emojis, This is a good innovative by Facebook-owned social media hence everyone is relying on the social media for communication especially in Zimbabwe, most people are SMEs and they will enjoy this app to communicate with potential clients/customers, where the mobile and internet penetration is going big with over 100% and as telecoms regulator stated in its Q2 of 2017 that “WhatsApp and Facebook accounted for 44.2% and 1.8% respectively of total internet and data usage”
Africa has the highest youth population in the world with 200 million people aged between the ages of 15-24. The current trend indicates that this figure will double by 2045, according to the 2012 African Economic Outlook report prepared by experts from the African Development Bank (AfDB), this age group are on the hyper usage of these social media, WhatsApp and Twitter have become an integral part of everyday life with over 60% using social media as their primary source of information on advertising and selling their products such as Mobile phones, Laptop accessories etc.
The APi report states that 40% of consumers now access the internet using their mobile devices especially Social Media, with this as high as 70% in Kenya and Zimbabwe, 67% in Ghana and 65% in Nigeria.
The features available in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp Business includes:
- BUSINESS PROFILE: Create a profile for business to help their customers find valuable information on their website, location, or contact information.
- BUSINESS MESSAGING TOOLS: Be more responsive to the customers by using Away messages to indicate that their away.
- LANDLINE/FIXED NUMBER SUPPORT: Users can use WhatsApp Business with a landline (or fixed) phone number and their customers can message them on that number. During verification, select the “Call me” option to receive the code over a phone call.
- RUN BOTH WHATSAPP MESSENGER AND WHATSAPP BUSINESS: Users can use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger on the same phone, but each app must have its own unique phone number.
- WHATSAPP WEB: Users can more efficiently respond to their customers right from their computer’s browser.
The Application will start rolling out in Africa in few weeks to come this time Whatsapp Business is only available on Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the UK and the US.