WhatsApp Groups get New Features with more Admin Controls
Even if you hate WhatsApp groups for your own reasons. The Instant messenger has become useful to us in many ways mostly on keeping connected to family, your clique of friends, and for promising high school classmates a class reunion someday.
WhatsApp has added a few new features to assist with moderating them though:
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
WhatsApp has also added protection so users can’t be repeatedly added to groups they’ve left. You know the dramatic kind that you always have to beg to bring back into the group who think they’re the life of the virtual party!
You can see these features in the new Android and iPhone updates today.