- The migration of WhatsApp users to other platforms, still in forwarding motion,
- The massive increase of Telegram new subscribers,
- 4 resolute flaws of Telegram messaging platform.
The immense migration of WhatsApp users to other messaging platforms brought confusion among people since they were not sure of choosing a better alternative. Recently, individuals are moving to Telegram and Signal.
The main climacteric aspect in messaging platforms that users are more worried about is digital privacy. After this analysis one will be able to see that signal is the perfect alternative rather than Telegram in terms of privacy. Here are some privacy flaws with Telegram.
• Telegram does not offer end-to-end encryption for group chats. Some of the users may want to secure a private group chat and that is not possible with Telegram.
• With Telegram only Secret chats are fully end-to-end encrypted i.e encryption is not enabled by default.
• Cloud backup for sync on Telegram is a crucial privacy Issue, that means Telegram can see one’s content of the messages sent through the App.
• Lastly, Telegram collects user metadata which includes IP addresses this can reveal location data.
Signal security and privacy structure are much more reliable as compared to Telegram because Signal doesn’t allow users to see when other users are online, nor does it allow people to share their locations in real-time and also Signal is recommended by authorities such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation international(an international non-profit digital rights group based in the United States of America) and Edward Snowden( an American Whistleblower) Now users may have the light to choose the perfect alternative from WhatsApp.