- This is not a common feature among WhatsApp users
- Type wa.me// followed by own number in the address bar
- Benefits of chatting with your self.
WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in Zimbabwe. Most people prefer to use WhatsApp because it’s cheap and reliable, although some of its users migrated to other messaging apps like Telegram and Signal because of its new terms of services which were posed along with an ultimatum.
Being able to chat to yourself on WhatsApp is a useful feature in that, you will be able to make notes to yourself, making lists, saving links and videos of recipes, DIYs that you may want to go through later and share files across devices easily. WhatsApp frequently introduces new features and updates, for instance, the ability to archive chats, mute groups, star important messages etc. One can argue that being able to add notes to self takes the app one step further and makes it even more useful.
Also, the following steps will enable “chatting with you” on WhatsApp:
- Open any browser (Google Chrome, Firefox) on your phone or PC
- Type wa.me// in the address bar, followed by tour phone number. Make sure you add your country code before entering your mobile number.
- A window prompt will ask you to open WhatsApp. If you are on the phone, your WhatsApp will open up with your phone number displayed on top, alongside your profile picture. You can then begin chatting with yourself.
- If you are on PC, then a new window will open up with a button that reads, “Continue to chat”.Click on that option and either WhatsApp Web or the WhatsApp desktop will open up with your chat shown. You can then begin chatting with your self.
Most of the people tried to send some lists, notes and links to themselves, but the process was a failure because they had no idea about this specific process. Nevertheless, by following those steps you will be able to enjoy interacting with yourself on WhatsApp.