- How to make money on YouTube,
- How to gain more views on YouTube,
- Youtube partner program.
Youtube is one of the most used applications in the world with over 2 billion users. For many, the platform is just an easy way to pass time or learn how to do certain activities but for others, it is a business.
According to Forbes, the highest-paid YouTuber is a nine-year-old Ryan Kaji who earned $29.5 million from 12.2 million views between one June 2019 and one June 2020. These are some serious numbers and earning millions may be too much but you can earn a living off your channel. here is how you can get in on the action.
Before you start making money on Youtube you first need to have an audience or followers for your channel. To achieve that you have to make consistent video content geared towards teaching, entertaining, reviews, etc that keeps your subscribers tuned in. You also need to respect YouTubes community guidelines avoiding spam, nudity, violence, hateful, dangerous, and graphic content
After you are done creating your audience, you then go on to join the Youtube partner program (YPP) which lets content creators monetize or make money off their content. You also need to sign up for a Google AdSense account and have a Paypal account to be able to receive your payments.
After all that is done, Google will review your application and content before they start placing ads on your videos for you to make a living off ad views. YPP reviews take a minimum of a month to be accepted.
Google also pays you part of a youtube premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content. Your fans also pay you to have their messages highlighted in chat streams
- At least 1000 subscribers
- At least 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months
Apart from advertising revenue earnings, you can also make money on youtube by selling your products showcased on your watch pages. Find a product or services that your viewers may like and start selling it on your channel or you can alternatively sell other people’s products as a marketer in return for a commission.
You can license your content so that when organizations or anyone else wants to use it, they will have to pay you or at least acknowledge you.
Tips for having more viewers
- Choose a username carefully; choose a less complicated, easy-to-remember username so that people do remember and share the news about your channel.
- Post videos regularly so that your audience does not quickly forget about your channel. You can post weekly to gain views faster.
- Keep your videos short and exciting so that viewers stay tuned.
- Upgrade your content; Use a better camera and better editing software.
- Do not forget to add or create tags on your videos because they make it easy for viewers to find your videos on the platform.
- Interact with viewers to make it personal for them and they will keep following your channel.
Note; Making money on youtube is not about how many subscribers you have, but is about how many views you get for your content. Advertisers do not pay unless viewers engage with the ad for at least 30 seconds so more views more money.