Smart homes have been on the rise for years now. Some even project that by 2025 more than 400 million smart homes will exist around the globe. This makes sense, given that technology has the potential to make your life simpler while saving energy in the long run. Additionally, when you upgrade your house’s technology, you add value to your home overall.
Whether you’re trying to upgrade your home for personal use or to up its resale value, investing in smart home technology is the way to go. If you’re not familiar with the latest and greatest smart home tech trends, we’ve got you covered.
Benefits of Smart Technology
There are quite a few advantages to purchasing the latest smart tech innovations for your home. Some of the biggest perks include:
- Saving energy: With the right technology, you can optimize your home for energy efficiency and save money on your electricity bill.
- Security: With home surveillance technology, you can sleep soundly knowing that you’re properly protected from potential intruders.
- Appliance safety: Some of the latest smart appliances have safety features that prevent potential disasters. For example, certain smart stoves can be set to automatically shut off after you’ve left the kitchen.
- Increase home value: Smart homes are in high demand. This means that when you’ve properly upgraded your home, you could resell it for a higher value.
Smart Home Technology Upgrades
While smart home technology can improve the value and functionality of your home, this doesn’t mean you should mindlessly purchase every upgrade you come across. Ideally, you want to customize your house to fit your specific wants and needs. To help you decide on what smart technology might be best for you, we’ve outlined our favorite upgrades below:
1. Smart Thermostat
Smart thermostats give you the ability to automate the heating and cooling functions of your house. Some thermostats even adjust their behavior according to the weather outside or based on whether or not your home is occupied.
2. Smart Surveillance Cameras
Smart surveillance cameras come in handy since they allow you to monitor your house for potential intruders. Oftentimes, these systems can connect to your phone so that you can keep an eye on your house regardless of whether you’re at home, at work or on vacation.
3. Energy Efficient Appliances
Smart appliances such as dishwashers and stovetops can be simple to use and save you energy in the long run. Additionally, many smart home appliances self-diagnose problems meaning that they’re built to last.
LED Light Bulbs
Energy-efficient LED light bulbs are long-lasting and better for the environment than the traditional light bulb. Additionally, LED bulbs don’t heat up at the rate that incandescent bulbs do, meaning they are a safer alternative and less likely to burn your fingers.
There are numerous ways to improve your life and add value to your home with smart technology. With the right tech, you can improve your home’s security, functionality and energy efficiency. To learn more about other upgrades that add value to your home, check out the infographic provided by Angi below.